Pages

Friday, May 11, 2012

Lesson 4: God knows me


Hi friends!  I was very excited about this lesson because it requires some "acting out" and the first five verses of Psalm 139 perfectly apply to this preschool lesson!  love it!

1.  Verse- "O Lord, you know everything about me." Psalm 139:1

2. Lesson
  • Pray with your child about the lesson.
  • Talk about what we learned over the last few lessons and review the other Bible verses.
  • Today's lesson - God knows me.
  • God knows everything about you.  He sees you all the time.  He hears everything you say.  He even knows what you think about!  
  • Now, a king named David in the Bible wrote a song to God.  We're gonna read it and act it out!  Have your child stand up and act out the verses as follows...
  • Psalm 139:1-5 (New Living Translation) 1 O Lord, you have examined my heart and know everything about me. (make a heart shape with your hands on your chest)
    2 You know when I sit down or stand up.  You know my thoughts even when I'm far away. (sit and stand, stretch hands out far)
    3 You see me when I travel and when I rest at home. (walk and then make your hands a pillow)
    4 You know what I am going to say even before I say it, Lord. (point to your mouth.)
     5 You go before me and follow me.  You place your hand of blessing on my head. (put your hand on your head.)  
  • Talk about each verse with your child and how it applies to him/her.
  • God sees you all the time, even when you're hiding from mommy.  (We had an issue lately where Jenna thought it was okay to do something wrong if mommy couldn't see her.)
  • This is so wonderful because God loves us, he is good, and he takes care of us!
3. Craft - God Sees Me and Hears Me Collage
Prepare the night before by cutting out magazine pictures of ears and eyes.
Take a piece of construction paper (or whatever kind of paper you have) and write "God knows me.  He sees me and hears me." across the top of the paper.
Then, your child can use a glue stick or glue to make a collage of the magazine pictures.

Here's what Jenna's turned out like...

4. Song - "Rejoice in the Lord always." #62 on Wee Sing Bible Songs
"Rejoice in the Lord always.  Again, I say rejoice. (2x)  Rejoice, Rejoice!  Again, I say rejoice! (2x)
Rejoice in the Lord always. Again, I say rejoice."
This is a really good song to clap along with.  At our house, little sis loved joining in with this one!

5.  End by reviewing the new Bible verse one more time.

*Note - when I did this lesson, I didn't think to prepare collage supplies for Madeline, but I wished I had.  Once she saw big sis's glue and pictures she had to have her own.  I quickly cut out some random pictures for her....but she mostly just played with the glue! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment